Our courses for educators are intended for teachers, educators, coaches, and administrators that need to increase their understanding of professional boundaries, professionalism, ethics, and professional communications. These courses are designed to improve accountability and help participants learn how to improve their professionalism in the workplace.
These courses are approved by many state boards of education and school districts to satisfy disciplinary requirements and have also been instrumental for a variety of private and public higher education institutions and organizations to remediate their staff.
What kind of issues are addressed in these courses?
- Sexual harassment, sexual misconduct, and sexual exploitation,
- False, fraudulent, deceptive, or misleading documentation or behavior
- False or malicious statements toward colleagues
- Misleading or deceptive communication
- Teaching below minimal standards
- Discrimination based on race, color, creed, sex, national origin, marital status, political or religious beliefs, family, social or cultural background, or sexual orientation
- Conflicts of Interest
- Unprofessional communication with students, parents, or colleagues
- Inappropriate use of social media
- Dual Relationships that compromise a teacher role
The purpose of these courses are to
- Fulfill regulatory board/agency, employer, or professional school mandates for educational interventions
- Enhance educators understanding of boundary and ethical codes to protect schools, teachers, and students
- Improve ethical decision making through the recognition of risk factors
- Foster professional accountability
- Reduce professional isolation often encountered during the disciplinary process by offering a supportive, educational experience
Who is eligible to attend these courses?
K-12 teachers, higher education faculty, coaches, principals, religious education teachers, ministers, and other professionals working in the educational setting.
Course reviews and testimonials
“Overall I found this class to be very beneficial. It provided me the opportunity to review and analyze all aspects of who and where I am, as well as recognize that there are things that I need to have a heightened awareness of and make some changes. I would strongly recommend this course.”
“I am truly thankful that is course exists as a rehabilitative measure so that professionals can find their way back to their careers.”
“I wish I had taken this course before I graduated from my teacher education program.”
“The program has been very beneficial to me. I feel that it has helped me understand what my mistakes were and to learn what measures I must take in the present and future to avoid committing another violation.”