Medical Chaperone Training Program (CTP-2)Back
20th Anniversary Discount: In celebration of our 20 Year Anniversary, and as a patient safety initiative, this course is being offered for only $20. That's more than 70% off the regular price of $79.
The goal of a medical chaperone is to serve independently as a responsible, neutral, and objective third-party during clinical encounters. This course is designed to provide the knowledge and skills necessary for one to serve as an effective chaperone, a valued member of the healthcare team. Through their presence, effectively trained chaperones can:
- Protect the interests and well-being of patients
- Verify the content of clinical conversations and physical exams
- Provide documentation regarding clinical encounters
Choose an Edition
- Applicable for general, as-needed chaperones. Intended for those chaperoning multiple clinicians during patient appointments and sensitive exams (e.g., breast or genital) as-needed per office/institutional policy
- CTP-2 Mandated
- Applicable for mandated chaperones. Intended for those chaperoning one particular clinician, as mandated by a regulatory (licensing) board/agency, institution, or other oversight entity
Self-paced online course combining online readings, interactive scenario-based activities, and knowledge checks
Professions this course is suitable for:
This course is expressly designed for individuals-with or without a clinical background-who will function in a chaperone role. However, the content may be of particular interest to healthcare professionals who work with chaperones.
This course addresses issues such as:
- Clarifying the role of a chaperone and the role of the healthcare professional being chaperoned
- Communicating professionally and appropriately
- Maintaining neutrality and objectivity
- Establishing professional boundaries in the workplace
- Documenting and reporting requirements
- Navigating uncomfortable interactions and situations with patients and with the healthcare professional being chaperoned
- Describe the variety of clinical settings in which a chaperone is used
- Discuss the ways that chaperones contribute to professional accountability in the delivery of health care
- Articulate the chaperone’s responsibilities to patients, clinicians, institutions, and others (if applicable)
- Demonstrate techniques of observation in a variety of clinical scenarios
- Explain draping techniques for various types of physical examinations
- Illustrate ways of handling challenging situations, such as occasions when there may be objections to the presence of a chaperone or when the chaperone believes that something out of the ordinary has occurred
- Correctly document a chaperone's presence and involvement in any clinical encounter
Professional Boundaries, Inc. DBA PBI Education is an approved provider with the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider #CEP 15761. This course is accredited by the California Board of Registered Nursing for 2 CE contact hours.
"This course was very easy to navigate through, and thoroughly covered the topic of appropriately utilizing a chaperone. I also liked the variety of tools used to cover the various topics, such as videos, vignettes, etc. rather than just reading slides.....this made it more interesting as well as providing a better/relatable and more understandable visual. "
Other course options you may be interested in