PBI Professional Boundaries and Ethics: Essential Edition (PB-24)Back
$2250.00 Doctoral Degree and Advance/Independent Practice Rate (MD, DO, PA, DDS, Pharmacists, Advanced Practice Nurse, DC, DPT, DVM, DPM, Ph.D., Psy.D, etc.)
$1650.00 Non-Doctoral Degree and Nurse Rate (RN, LPN, PT, RT, OT, mental health, allied health, etc.)
24 CME/CE hours
Our suite of Professional Boundaries and Ethics courses employ the premise that everyone has the potential to commit a boundary or ethics violation—yet not everyone does. As in many other similar boundaries and ethics courses, participants learn why they are being held to account. But in our course participants are guided to open their eyes to what predisposed them to violate professional or ethical norms at the particular time and in the particular manner that they did.
These learnings drive an intensive process of self-assessment and introspection, culminating in the development of a Personalized Protection Plan that each participant designs to avoid future wrongdoing, safeguard patients and colleagues, and honor the reputation of their profession.
- Pre-course component: Online assignments totaling one hour
- In-person component: Three days totaling 24 hours
- Certificate distributed upon successful completion of course at the end of day three
Professions this course is suitable for:
Physicians, dentists, veterinarians, chiropractors, physician assistants, nurses, mental health providers, EMT's, physical therapists, students, and a wide variety of other clinicians. This course can also be adapted to be applicable for attorneys.
*California and New York physicians: If you are fulfilling a board ordered requirement, your licensing board has only approved the Extended Edition of this course.
This course addresses issues such as:
- Professional misconduct
- Non-Sexual and sexual boundary violations
- Workplace relationships and disruptive behavior
- Recognizing power imbalances
- General boundary crossing & violations
- Board-mandated or anticipated disciplinary action
- Team or clinical communication issues
Course reviews and testimonials
"Invaluable course. One never realizes how precious one's license and reputation is until it is threatened!"
"Although at first I was angry about being required to attend, after having taken the course I see it was worth the cost. I have learned so much about myself as a person and a provider. The course has given me the desire to be a better practitioner."
"This has been the single most informative course I have taken in my 25 years of practice, I wish I had taken it years ago. I cannot thank PBI enough for having this course. "
"A superb experience! Educational as well as therapeutic and gave me the opportunity to learn from others. I can make peace with my transgressions and begin to heal. Thank you!"
"This course is priceless and life-changing in my opinion, ALL clinicians need to take this course. “You don’t know what you don’t know” and that puts all of us at the highest risk. Overall, I feel I have more hope and have been inspired. I strongly believe I will be able to impact many lives positively in the future."
- Express why and how healthcare professionals are held accountable for adhering to standards of practice, codes of ethics, and state statutes
- Discuss attributes and behaviors that constitute professionalism in the context of health care, and identify specific lapses in their own professionalism
- Explain how professional problems evolve, employing the model of a continuum of boundary impingements
- Express how professional lapses can adversely affect clinical judgment and cause a range of other impacts and harms
- Describe the components of the Boundary Formula™ and apply them to their own violation potential and, if applicable, their infraction
- Create and implement a Personalized Protection Plan that includes strategies, safeguards, and systems to reduce the risk of relapse and improve accountability
- Detect early warning signs of professional problems in themselves and others in order to reduce the risk of future violations
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education through the joint providership of the University of California, Irvine School of Medicine and Professional Boundaries, Inc. The University of California, Irvine School of Medicine is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The University of California, Irvine School of Medicine designates these live activities each for a maximum of 46 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in activity.