1. Cancellation, refunds, and transfers
If you are taking a course to satisfy a requirement, PBI urges you to seek pre-approval and confirm your course date PRIOR to registration.
- Courses thirty (30) days or more from commencement are eligible for a refund, less a 10% processing fee. All refund requests must be received in writing.
- Courses twenty-nine (29) days or less from commencement are not eligible for a refund.
- No refunds are offered for online or teleconference courses
- Date transfers may be requested for courses thirty (30) days or more from commencement. All date transfers are subject to a $200 transaction fee.
All notifications of cancellation, date transfer request, and request for refund must be made in writing, by email or fax to PBI. If a date transfer request is granted, a maximum of one date transfer is allowed. Transferred courses are not eligible for a refund. Refunds will only be issued by way of the original payment method with which the order was placed.
2. Confidentiality agreement
I understand that private, personal, and confidential information may be discussed during my live or teleconference seminar, but that this information still remains private and confidential. I further understand that the faculty presenting this seminar may share this information amongst themselves and with Professional Boundaries, Inc. or PBI Education, a trade name of PBI, (both referred to as PBI) staff before, during, or after the seminar to better facilitate the seminar process.
I agree to hold the entities that provide accreditation for PBI courses, and PBI, its faculty, directors, officers, staff, agents, and independent contractors harmless for the release of information by a third party not under the control of PBI. I agree to allow PBI to contact my regulatory agency, organization, or professional school to facilitate the course process and to disclose relevant information to my regulatory agency, organization, or professional school at the discretion of PBI faculty and staff.
I agree that any information I learn about others shall not be revealed to anyone else unless I receive written permission, or as required by law. I shall not reveal any information about others whether or not I personally deem it private or confidential; for the purpose of this statement and agreement, all information I learn about others, whether individuals or entities, is considered private and confidential unless waived by written permission.
I agree that confidential information that I disclose before, during, or after the course will not be authorized for release to a third party unless a signed release of information form has been executed by me, the participant, or as mandated by law. Should PBI be mandated by law to release information obtained from or disclosed by me, PBI will also notify me of the mandate and the nature of the information required by the mandate.
I understand that PBI reserves the right to disclose my private, personal, and confidential information at their discretion, should they believe that there is an immediate threat to the safety or well-being of me or the public. I agree that PBI may contact my regulatory agency, organization, or professional school should any of the following behaviors be observed and/or discovered before, during, and/or after my course:
- Threat to self or others
- Impairment affecting judgment, psychosis, and / or other psychiatric issues that could impact the safe practice of medicine or teaching
- Poor or inconsistent attendance
- Disruptive and / or unprofessional conduct
- Harassment of any kind
- Failure to complete the course including non-compliance with assignment completion or submission, if my course has been taken under order or agreement
- Breach of confidentiality
A disclosure by PBI under the preceding statement is not a breach of this Confidentiality Agreement.
3. Professionalism, course credit, and participation
A violation of professionalism will result in expulsion without refund and, when warranted, a formal report being made to the participant’s regulatory board/agency at the discretion of PBI. Violations of professionalism include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Aggressive, disruptive, bullying, offensive, threatening, or harassing behavior towards PBI, its faculty, directors, officers, staff, agents, and independent contractors, or other participants
- Cheating or plagiarizing any work which is required to be prepared or submitted in connection with the course, or during any examination taken in connection with the course
- Stealing or acting in a fraudulent or deceitful manner towards PBI, its faculty, directors, officers, staff, agents, and independent contractors, or any other participants
Successful completion of a course is not guaranteed. Certificates may be withheld as needed without refund. Determination of successful course completion is at the discretion of PBI Faculty and Staff, in accordance with course accreditation standards and the standards outlined in the course agenda. These standards include, but are not limited to, full and active participation in all components of the course and comprehension of the course material as demonstrated through the ability to achieve the learning objectives.
Partial attendance of any course is not allowed. If a participant registers for a course and does not complete the required pre-course assignments by the deadline, or only attends partially, a certificate will not be issued. In this instance, course fees will be forfeited and will not be eligible for refund or transfer.
If a participant arrives late or leaves early from a live course the participant’s certificate will not be released. If the missed time in class is significant, the attendee will be required to pay the course fees again and repeat the course entirely.
Participants are responsible for signing in promptly during the specified times to ensure their attendance is accounted for.
4. Intellectual property agreement
I understand that all course materials, course content, and course discussion are considered proprietary intellectual property and are intended for my personal, educational use only. I understand that breach of any of the following will result in my expulsion without refund and a formal report to my regulatory board/agency. I agree that I will not:
- Screenshot, copy, modify, reproduce, re-publish, re-present, record, relay, sub-license, sell, upload, broadcast, post, share, transmit or distribute any of the course material, assignments, content, methodology, or discussion
- Use the course materials, course content, or course discussions in the provision of any other course or training
- Remove any copyright or other notice of PBI Education on the course materials or course content
5. Self-paced (online-only) and teleconference courses
Attendees shall complete all teleconference and self-paced, online courses within eight (8) months of the date of their registration. If an attendee does not complete the course within the specified time frame, then the course registration will expire and no refund will be granted. PBI is not responsible for reminding attendees to complete assignments or finish their course in a timely manner.
Taking a course with someone you have a preexisting relationship with (i.e. significant other, relative, colleague, legal counsel, etc.) is generally not allowed unless pre-authorized by PBI Education Staff. Due to the confidential and sensitive nature of some courses, existing personal relationships with other participants can compromise the quality of the education. Please contact our staff at 904-800-1237 to discuss this policy if you wish to take a course with someone you may have a preexisting relationship with.
If you are not an educator or healthcare professional but you would like to attend a course, you will need to seek written approval from PBI prior to registration. Please be transparent with your intentions and reasons for taking this particular course. PBI has the right to refuse any registration. PBI is not responsible for any additional expenses (e.g., hotel, travel, rentals) incurred without written approval from PBI.
7. Course rescheduling
PBI reserves the right to cancel or reschedule any event due to unforeseen circumstances or insufficient registration, and PBI will refund fees for any canceled event. Upon your request, PBI will also refund course fees if the event is rescheduled or the location is changed, and you must cancel your registration due to the change. PBI shall have no further liability.
8. Payment method
If you make a purchase from PBI using a payment card or account in another persons name you will need to get this person’s permission. If you use someone else’s payment card or account without permission, PBI will consider this transaction fraudulent. PBI has zero tolerance for fraud and retains the right to report fraudulent actions to the proper authorities including regulatory agencies and professional schools. PBI will not be held not responsible for any legal or disciplinary action taken by regulatory agencies. PBI reserves the right to decline a registrant from all future courses.