Maintaining Ethics, Boundaries and Professionalism in Nursing (NE-3)Back
3 CE hours
Based on the premises that all nurses have the potential to commit an ethics or boundary violation, but that all violations are preventable, Maintaining Ethics, Boundaries and Professionalism in Nursing is an interactive, online course for nurses who wish to avoid professional lapses. Participants learn how to reduce their own potential for committing a violation and to recognize red flags in themselves and others. This course culminates with the development of a Personalized Protection Plan that will assist nurses in upholding the ethical and professional obligations of the nursing profession.
- Self-paced online course combining online readings, interactive assignments, knowledge checks, and quizzes
- Certificate distributed upon successful completion of the final exam and course evaluation at the end of the course
Professions this course is suitable for:
Nurses and advance practice nurses.
This course addresses issues such as:
- Professional misconduct
- Workplace relationships and disruptive behavior
- Recognizing power imbalances
- General boundary crossing & violations
- Team or clinical communication issues
- Misrepresentation, falsification, cheating
- Financial improprieties
- Breaking laws
- HIPAA or confidentiality violations
- Practicing on an expired license
- Acquire a working understanding of the Boundary/Ethics Formula in order to reduce their own violation potential for ethical, boundary, and policy transgressions
- Improve ethical decision making
- Develop and implement a Protection Plan to safeguard their patients/clients, colleagues, medical facility, profession, and themselves
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider #CEP 15761, for 3 CE contact hours.