Maintaining Ethics, Boundaries and Professionalism in Nursing (NE-3)Back
Based on the premises that all nurses have the potential to commit an ethics or boundary violation, but that all violations are preventable, Maintaining Ethics, Boundaries and Professionalism in Nursing is an interactive, online course for nurses who wish to avoid professional lapses. Participants learn how to reduce their own potential for committing a violation and to recognize red flags in themselves and others. This course culminates with the development of a Personalized Protection Plan that will assist nurses in upholding the ethical and professional obligations of the nursing profession.
*This course is not remedial in nature and is not intended to address ethical or boundary issues that have already occurred
Self-paced online course combining online readings, interactive assignments, knowledge checks, and quizzes
Professions this course is suitable for:
Nurses and advance practice nurses.
This course addresses issues such as:
- Professional misconduct
- Workplace relationships and disruptive behavior
- Recognizing power imbalances
- General boundary crossing & violations
- Team or clinical communication issues
- Misrepresentation, falsification, cheating
- Financial improprieties
- Breaking laws
- HIPAA or confidentiality violations
- Practicing on an expired license
- Acquire a working understanding of the Boundary/Ethics Formula in order to reduce their own violation potential for ethical, boundary, and policy transgressions
- Improve ethical decision making
- Develop and implement a Protection Plan to safeguard their patients/clients, colleagues, medical facility, profession, and themselves
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider #CEP 15761, for 3 CE contact hours.
"I really loved this course. It has made me realize that there is still a lot that I need to understand as a nurse. Knowing my vulnerabilities and having them explained as to how they could be a downfall was an eye-opener...Thank you PBI."
"I would recommend that this course be taken by all nurses and to be taken again throughout their careers."
Other course options you may be interested in