A Framework for Remediating Professional Ethical Lapses
“A Framework for Remediating Professional Ethical Lapses,” in the July issue of the Journal of Nursing Regulation. The article, written by Catherine Caldicott, MD, FACP, PBI Senior Faculty, Regulatory Liaison, & Consultant for Special Projects,describes PBI Education‘s approach to help remediate professionals by equipping them with a framework to examine their reasoning and understand how and why they failed conduct themselves professionally. This is the very framework PBI faculty teach in our courses–our Boundary Formula ©–which equips clinicians to protect their patients, their license, and themselves. The article was chosen to be the issue’s Continuing Education feature and includes a case study on a sexual boundary violation and recommendations for regulators.
View Other Posts
- PBI Education is Now Offering Courses in a PBI Virtual Live Classroom™ Format
- How PBI’s “Maintenance and Accountability Seminar” Course Supports Long-Term Success
- From Licensed Physician to Unlicensed Coach
- The Value of a Well-Trained Medical Chaperone
- Part Two: Opioid Crisis – Unraveling the Myths