PBI Medical Record Keeping: Extended Edition (MR-17EX)Back
$1950.00 Doctoral Degree and Advance/Independent Practice Rate (MD, DO, PA, DDS, Pharmacists, Advanced Practice Nurse, DC, DPT, DVM, DPM, Ph.D., Psy.D, etc.)
$1800.00 Non-Doctoral Degree and Nurse Rate (RN, LPN, PT, RT, OT, mental health, allied health, etc.)
30 CME/CE hours
Important Course Notice:
- In-Person Course Notice: If you choose to register for an in-person course, there is a chance your course location may be adapted to a Virtual Live Classroom format at a later date in response to ongoing coronavirus safety concerns. We are monitoring the situation closely and your safety is our top priority.
- PBI Virtual Live Classroom™ Notice: To enroll in a course in the virtual live classroom format, you must meet eligibility requirements. These include but are not limited to:
- Basic computer literacy and a laptop or desktop computer
- Quiet and private office space with reliable internet, free from distractions or interruptions for the full duration of your course
Deficiencies in medical record keeping is a common reason for referral to a remedial course, yet many clinicians fail to recognize why they are being held to account for what they may consider a chore—even a distraction from patient care. Our course illustrates why the process of keeping complete, clear, and accurate medical records is critical to the responsible provision of patient care and explores perceived obstacles to adhering to better practices. The pre-seminar review of provided medical records sets the stage for the live, interactive instruction in standards of record keeping, including trouble-shooting to ensure that newfound habits can be maintained.
The Extended Edition is the most comprehensive option of our medical record courses. Through post-seminar follow-up, via weekly, telephonic post-course Maintenance and Accountability Seminars participants reinforces what was learned in the classroom, elevate accountability through revisiting their Personalized Protection Plans, and engages them in a community of peer review and support.
- Pre-course component: Online written assignments and readings totaling two hours
- Live component: Two days totaling 15 hours
- 17 CE hour certificate for pre-course + live course distributed upon successful completion of course at the end of day two.
- Post-course assignment: Online written assignment totaling one hour
- Post-course component: Faculty-led group conference calls (MAS). One hour weekly for 12 weeks, totaling 12 hours.
- 13 CE hour certificate distributed upon successful completion of 12th session of course.
Professions this course is suitable for:
Physicians, physician assistants, nurses, veterinarians, podiatrists, and other clinicians.
This course addresses issues such as:
- Incomplete or illegible records
- EMR and coding inaccuracies
- Other record keeping deficiencies as determined by employer, regulator, or law
- Understand and implement the regulations and laws regarding medical record keeping
- Improve documentation in support of appropriate billing codes
- Document with clarity to reduce misinterpretation and errors
- Provide improved documentation for risk management
- Apply improved skills for maintaining electronic medical records
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education through the joint providership of the University of California, Irvine School of Medicine and Professional Boundaries, Inc. The University of California, Irvine School of Medicine is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The University of California, Irvine School of Medicine designates these live activities each for a maximum of 30 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in activity.