Setting the standard for virtual remedial education.
- Live, comprehensive, and impactful
- Academically and experientially equivalent to traditional in-person courses
- Conveniently offered every month, making timely remediation and compliance with deadlines simple
- Zero travel expense or time away from work
- Learning in a familiar environment, rather than in a traditional conference room, can decrease anxiety and and thus encourage greater openness to change
- PBI staff guide participants 1:1 so they feel confident and technologically prepared
At the center of all that we do at PBI Education, our mission is to provide high quality continuing education for professionals in need. To advance this mission in our rapidly evolving world, we created the PBI Virtual Live Classroom ™. A solution for busy professionals that, for a variety of reasons, can not or prefer not to travel, this format greatly increases course accessibility while eliminating travel-related expenses.
Regardless of the course format, we remain committed to delivering the same impactful and effective educational experiences that we have come to be internationally renown for.
Watch a brief demonstration of a virtual live course
How do we verify that virtual courses are equivalent to in-person courses?
We consulted with experts in the field of distance learning to design a comprehensive set of internal procedures, along with confidentiality and etiquette policies, to meet the unique needs of participants fulfilling remedial and mandated educational requirements.
“This was my first virtual class and I really enjoyed the experience. I felt very comfortable.”
“I felt being in my home environment that I was more comfortable discussing my personal history. Even though we were not all in the same room physically, there was a sense of everyone being present, I did feel close to everyone.”
“I actually thought that the virtual element allowed me to engage more because of the focus being on each other and the instructor simultaneously. It kept me present with the others in the space and their reactions to one another’s narratives, as well as the information presented.”
“I was happy with this format. I felt I was connected to the instructor and participants. There was more intimacy and connection than I thought possible in a virtual format.”
|Traditional In-Person Course||PBI Virtual Live Course|
|CME, CE, or CPE accredited||X||X|
|Comprehensive pre-course assignments||X||X|
|Presentation of visual and audio-visual curricular content||X||X|
|Real-time feedback from faculty||X||X|
|1:1 private participant:faculty conversations whenever needed||X||X|
|Course workbook, in-class activities, and assignments||X||X|
|Intensive process of self-assessment and introspection||X||X|
|Development of Personalized Protection Plan||X||X|
|Presentation of Protection Plan to group in peer-review activity||X||X|
Our procedures ensure the educational experience remains as impactful virtually as it would be in-person.
Before a course begins
- Eligibility: Initially, we have eligibility requirements to determine if a participant is even able to take a virtual live course based on their technology literacy and equipment. If they don’t meet this, they must default to an in-person course.
- Individualized evaluations: We meet individually with each and every participant to ensure their meeting location is private, that they can successfully navigate the technology, and that they understand how to utilize meeting controls.
- Identity verification: We confirm their identify prior to the course to ensure someone else cannot impersonate them during their course.
- Policies: We’ve developed comprehensive virtual course policies and etiquette. These help to guide attendees on acceptable behaviors in the virtual environment if they are unfamiliar with virtual courses. Attendees must read and agree to these prior to attending their course.
- Pre-course assignments: Our mandatory pre-course assignments prepare students for the intensive and at times emotional work they will need to do during the course. It also equips our faculty to facilitate the course by having a large amount of background information to tailor and individualize the instruction for those in the class.
- Checklist and troubleshooting: We’ve developed an intensive pre-course checklist to prepare attendees for their course and troubleshoot any technology issues prior to their course.
The course experience
- Participation and webcam requirements: Active, continuous engagement and participation with a webcam turned on is a mandatory requirement. This expectation is explained prior-to and during the course. Partial attendance or sub-par participation will result in course failure.
- Small class format: Our small class format ensures group interaction and a personalized educational experience. Participants will not simply sit on a webinar and review slides for hours.
- Faculty: Our faculty, each subject matter experts in their respective fields, are trained in distance learning best practices. They utilize many tools and strategies to enhance learning and focus heavily on initiating collaborative discussions and interactions.
- Agenda: Our agenda has been designed to incorporate the types of breaks and open discussions necessary to maintain endurance for the long course days.
- Privacy: We have mechanisms in place for private conversations between faculty and individual participants whenever needed, including with those participants who may be falling below the acceptable threshold to allow them an opportunity to improve.
- Support: Each course has an assigned production manager in place for the full duration of the meeting dedicated to assist participants with technology issues and to monitor attendance.
- Software security: Our software platform is encrypted and highly secure to ensure the confidentiality of our participants.
After a course concludes
- Certificate distribution: Upon successful completion, attendees are sent their certificate immediately. No waiting for something in the mail or for a report to be submitted.
- Evaluations: Questions regarding the virtual course experience itself are included in the course evaluation. We use these data to continuously improve upon course delivery.
- Follow-up: Our six and twelve month follow-up system for specific courses remains unchanged. The follow-up process for the Extended Edition of our courses also remains unchanged. Participants are always welcome to attend our follow-up course, the Maintenance and Accountability Seminars, to continue their learning process after their course concludes.
- Resources: Participants have immediate access to post-course resources such as publications, worksheets, and blogs relevant to their course to help them refresh their memory and review material.